"History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure."
Justice Thurgood Marshall (1989)
Movable Type 2.63
(not paid advertising)
April 14, 2004
Iraqi National Congress (INC) List of News Items Using Their Propaganda
List of articles cited by the Information Collection Program (ICP) (3/15/2004 - Knight Ridder Washington Bureau)
List distributed by the Iraqi National Congress (INC) summarizing articles in major English-language news outlets worldwide (October 2001-May 2002) using propaganda information disseminated by their Information Collection Program (ICP).
The goal of the ICP was to plant information (much of it false) in order to bolster the case for invading Iraq. The US Government Accounting Office is investigating the INC for using State Dept. funds to distributing this propaganda. (Related story.)
- Sunday Times (London), May 26, 2002, Sunday, Saddam's men kill 40 in mosque fight. Marie Colvin
- The Observer, Sunday May 26, 2002, Don't wag your finger at us, Mr. Bush
- Agence France Presse, May 22, 2002, Iraq's new Tunis envoy linked to al-Qaeda: opposition
- Agence France Presse, May 13, 2002, US stepping up contacts with Iraqi opposition groups: paper, WASHINGTON
- Time, May 13, 2002, Inside Saddam's World; The U.S. likes to portray Iraq's regime as shaky. But TIME's reporting inside Iraq suggests Saddam isn't losing his grip
- Time, May 13, 2002, WORLD/Inside Saddam's World; What Saddam's Got, Much of his chemical and biological weaponry remains unaccounted for, and he's working nukes, by Josh Tyrangiel.
- Time, May 13, 2002, WORLD/Inside Saddam's World; "We're Taking Him Out", His war on Iraq may be delayed, but Bush still vows to remove Saddam. Here's a look at White House plans.
- Agence France Presse, May 10, 2002, Baghdad massing troops at border with Kurdish areas: opposition
- The Straits Times (Singapore), May 7, 2002, Bad Boys; Playboy sons of world leaders coming under the scrutiny of the law
- IPR Strategic Business Information Database, May 6, 2002, "Iraqi opposition looks to the future"
- IPR Strategic Business Information Database, May 6, 2002, Not all asylum-seekers what they appear to be
- Wall Street Journal, May 2, 2002, The oil "Top-off": Another way Iraq Cheats UN, by Steve Stecklow
- The Atlantic Monthly, May 2002, Tales of the Tyrant-The Private Life & Inner World of Saddam Hussein by Mark Bowden
- Vanity Fair, May 2002, Special Report: Inside Saddam's Deadly Arsenal
- The Guardian (London), April 30, 2002, G2: The exiles: As the west gears up for another war against Saddam Hussein, one group of people is watching developments more anxiously than most
- United Press International, April 30, 2002, Feature: The Sun also rises, by John Bloom in New York
- Czech News Agency, April 29, 2002, Iraq received Czech weapons system
- Sun Herald (Sydney) , April 28, 2002, Hussein agents among asylum seekers, by Paul Daley in London.
- Sunday Age (Melbourne), April 28, 2002 Sunday, Saddam agents in Australia: Exiles, by Paul Daley
- Sunday Age (Melbourne), April 28, 2002, Their mission, topple Saddam, with or without the U.S., by Paul Daley
- The Daily Telegraph (London), April 27, 2002, Plotter of Saddam's fall pleads case in US, by Toby Harnden in Washington
- AP Online, April 25, 2002, Iraq Kurds possibly al-Qaida linked by Louis Meixler, Associated Press writer, Ankara, Turkey
- Middle East News Online, April 19, 2002, Pentagon eyeing Iraq's weapons development efforts
- CNN International, April 17, 2002, Wednesday: Q& A with Zain Verjee; A look at the possibility of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.
- BBC Monitoring, April 9, 2002, Analysis: Broadcasts for the Iraqi people
- The Daily Telegraph (London), April 09, 2002, Tuesday, Pg. 27, 692 words, How Saddam will go
- NPR-FRESH AIR, April 4, 2002, Mark Bowden discusses Saddam Hussein and the Iraqi leader's personal life and outlook.
- The Bulletin's Frontrunner, April 3, 2002, Iraq said to have plotted suicide bombings of U.S. ships
- Daily News (New York), April 3, 2002, Defector: I bought Iraq nukes by Helen Kennedy
- The American Enterprise, April 1, 2002, Iraqi partners? Scan; Iraqi National Congress
- CNBC News Transcripts, Hardball with Chris Matthews, March 26, 2002 Tuesday, guest: Scott Peterson of the Christian Science Monitor, discusses interviews with Iraqi opposition defectors
- The New Yorker, March 25, 2002, The Great Terror; In northern Iraq, there is new evidence of Saddam Hussein's genocidal war on the Kurds – and of his possible ties to al Qaeda, by Jeffrey Goldberg
- Newsweek, March 25, 2002, Iraq in the Balance, by Evan Thomas and Roy Gutman; with Rod Nordland in London, Daniel Klaidman with Cheney, Owen Matthews in Kurdistan and Christopher Dickey in Paris
- Agence France Press, March 24, 2002, Iraq offers to receive U.S. team to look into fate of missing pilot
- Agence France Presse, March 22, 2002, Dissident Iraqi officer backs claim U.S. pilot was captured by Baghdad
- Kuwait News Agency, March 22, 2002, Iraq: Leading Ba'ath Party figure reportedly executed
- The Guardian (London), March 20, 2002, G2: Does Blair know what he's getting into?, by Christopher Hitchens
- The Kansas City Star, March 20, 2002, U.S. pilots shot down in Gulf War reported seen in Baghdad in l998, by David Goldstein
- The Daily Telegraph, March 18, 2002, Saddam 'armed bin Laden and funded al-Qa'eda allies', by Toby Harnden, in Washington
- The Observer, March 17, 2002, Observer Investigation: News Special: The Iraq crisis: Should we go to war against this man?: As war fever grows in Washington and London we assess the evidence against Saddam Hussein and ask whether he has the will and the weapons to threaten world peace, Special report by Peter Beaumont, Kamal Ahmed and Edward Helmore in New York
- Sunday Times, (London), March 17, 2002, Saddam's arsenal revealed, Marie Colvin and Nicholas Rufford.
- The Guardian (London), March 15, 2002, Special-Report: Iraq: the myth and the reality: As the drumbeat grows louder for a possible attack on Baghdad, we ask arms inspectors and military and foreign affairs experts: is Saddam as dangerous as the US makes out, and what would be the consequences of war?
- Fox News Network, Fox On The Record with Greta Van Susteren, March 14, 2002, Interview With Sharif Ali Bin Al-Hussein, Sharif Ali Bin Al-Hussein, Greta Van Susteren
- Insight on the News, March 11, 2002, Nation: The Axis of Evil; Is it Time to Topple Saddam?, by Jamie Dettmer
- BBC Monitoring International Reports, March 6, 2002, Iraq: Explosions at Iraqi TV Complex – INC opposition cited
- Kuna news agency web site, 5 Mar 02, Explosions at Iraqi TV complex – opposition
- Agence France Presse, March 5, 2002, Explosions at broadcasting center near Baghdad, opposition claims
- The Evening Standard (London), March 5, 2002, Saddam is the next US target; After the deaths of eight American soldiers in Afghanistan, by Christopher Hitchens
- CBS News Transcripts, 60 Minutes, March 3, 2002, Iraqi National Congress
- Chicago Sun-Times, March 3, 2002, One man's strategy for ousting Hussein, by George Will
- BBC Monitoring International Reports, February 20, 2002, Iraqi opposition says "state of emergency" declared
- Agence France Presse, February 19, 2002, Iraq places state institutions on high alert: opposition
- Insight on the News, February 18, 2002, Rogues Lending Hand to Saddam, Kenneth R. Timmerman
- Agence France Presse, February 12, 2002, Anti-Saddam forces target Iraqi oil installations: opposition
- The Economist, February 2, 2002, Know thine enemy - Weapons proliferation
- Vanity Fair, February 2002, Inside Saddam's Regime of Terror, by David Rose
- Newsweek, January 21, 2002, Next Year in Baghdad, by Christopher Dickey; with Hadani Ditmars in Baghdad and Roy Gutman in Washington
- BBC Monitoring International Reports, January 2, 2002, Iraq: Explosion in arms depot reported in government-controlled Kirkuk
- Courier Mail, December 22, 2001, Defector has Iraqi secrets for Australia by Linda McSweeny
- The Times (London), December 22, 2001, Powell rejects call for war on Iraq by Damian Whitworth in Washington
- The Weekend Australian, December 22, 2001, Brother fears for Iraqi defector
- Birmingham Post, December 21, 2001, Friday, Defector tells of Iraqi secret weapons project
- Calgary Herald, December 21, 2001, Iraqi defector gives chemical weapons details: Tells of secret factories building in residential areas by Damian Whitworth and Tom Baldwin
- The Daily Telegraph (London), December 21, 2001, Defector tells of Saddam's nuclear arms by Ben Fenton
- The Express, December 21, 2001, FBI chiefs fear American with a grudge is behind letters that killed five people as U.S. fire bosses face new dilemma; Sacked scientist suspected in hunt for anthrax maniac
- The Independent, (London), December 21. 2001, Campaign against terrorism: Defector claims he saw Saddam's bioweapon plants by Andrew Gumbel
- Investor's Business Daily, December 21, 2001, Today's Main News
- National Review, December 21, 2001, National Review Online; Guest Comment, Who's Next?, By Eli J, Lake
- The Nation (Thailand), December 21, 2001, Iraqi weapons informant interviewed in Bangkok
- The Ottawa Citizen, December 21, 2001, Iraq speeds up chemical weapons: defector
- AAP NEWSFEED, December 21, 2001, Fed: Iraqi defector tells of chemical, biological weapons
- Asia Pulse, December 21. 2001, Iraqi defector gives Australian Govt weapons
- Edmonton Journal, December 21, 2001, Iraqi defector says he renovated Saddam's secret weapons labs. Testimony confirms suspicions held by weapons inspectors
- Philadelphia Daily News, December 21, 2001, Defectors: Iraq fixed nuke sites, sent saboteurs
- The Times (London), December 21, 2001, New whirlpool in store for Saddam, by Bronwen Maddox Foreign Editor
- The Washington Post, December 21, 2001, Powell Wary of Iraq Move; U.S. Eyes Somalia in Continuing Al Qaeda Hunt, by Alan Sipress and Peter Slevin.
- The Times (London), December 21, 2001, Iraq 'speeds work on nuclear weapons'
- Agence France Presse, December 20, 2001, Iraqi defector describes work on secret bio sites
- AP Worldstream, December 20, 2001, Dateline: New York, Report; Iraqi defector speaks of renovating secret weapons facilities in Baghdad
- The Associated Press, December 20, 2001, Dateline: New York, Report: Iraqi defector speaks of renovating secret weapons facilities in Baghdad
- The Deseret News (Salt Lake City, UT), December 20, 2001, Defector tells of Iraq N-work
- Periscope Defense News Capsules, December 20, 2001, Iraq – Defector: Saddam still pursues WMDs
- Press Association, December 20, 2001, Iraq steps up bio weapons programme – Defector, by Hugh Dougherty
- United Press International, December 20, 2001, Defector tells of hidden weapons sites
- The New York Times, December 20, 2001, A nation challenged: Secret sites; Iraqi tells of renovations at sites for chemical and nuclear arms, by Judith Miller
- The New York Times, December 16,2001, A nation challenged; Intelligence; New clue fails to explain Iraq role in Sept. l1 attack, by Chris Hedges with Donald G. McNeil, Jr.
- USA TODAY, December 3, 2001, Targeting Saddam: Was there an Iraqi 9/11 link? by Peter Eisler
- Moscow News, November 28, 2001, Endangered species by Ilya Baranikas
- Weekly Standard, November 26, 2001, Preparing for Iraq; Is the State Department getting interested in taking on Saddam? by Eli L. Lake
- Belfast News Letter, November 14, 2001, 81 Kuwaities ‘imprisoned in Iraqi Jail'
- Birmingham Post, November 13, 2001, War on Terror: Saddam is ‘involved in U.S. attacks'
- The Orlando Sentinel, November 13, 2001, Iraqi defectors: Kuwaitis in jail
- The San Diego Union-Tribune, November 13, 2001, Iraq said to hold Kuwaiti prisoners
- The Seattle Times, November 13, 2001, World Headlines, pg. A7
- The Washington Times, November 13, 2001, World Scene, pg. A15
- Western Mail, November 13, 2001, Iraq ‘has 80 Kuwaiti prisoners'; defectors
- Agence France Presse, November 12, 2001, Iraqi defector talks of terrorist training camps
- The Associated Press, November 12, 2001, Dateline: Cairo. Iraqi opposition says two former members of Iraqi intelligence report 80 Kuwaitis in secret jail
- The New York Times, November 12, 2001, Iraqi defectors tell of Kuwaitis in secret jail in Baghdad, by Chris Hedges in Beirut, Lebanon.
- The Observer, November 11, 2001, Focus Special: The Terrorism Crisis: The Iraqi connection: Iraq is the target of American hawks who see its hand in terrorist attacks. But what is the evidence? After a month-long investigation, David Rose reports on the links between Saddam and the 11 September hijackers
- The New York Times, November 10, 2001, Iraqi Opposition Says U.S. Denied Money for Intelligence Effort, By Patrick E. Tyler, from Washington
- The Hamilton Spectator, November 9, 2001, Iraq is training terrorists: defectors
- The Times (London), November 9, 2001, Saddam's terror training camp teaches hijacking, by Richard Beeston, Diplomatic Editor
- The Vancouver Sun, November 9, 2001, Is Iraq, not bin Laden, real force behind terror? By Jonathan Manthorpe
- The New York Times, November 8, 2001, A nation challenged: The school; Defectors cite Iraqi training for terrorism, by Chris Hedges
- The Seattle Post-Intelligencer, October 23, 2001, Iraq's terrorist role must be examined
- AP Online, October 23, 2001, Ex-CIA chief suggests Iraq involved, by Anne Usher, Associated Press Writer
- The Washington Post, October 12, 2001, Editorial: What About Iraq?
[Read the source...]